A Safe Place
The Christian Education Staff are identified by ID badges. Caregivers
are trained and supervised by the pastoral staff of University Christian
Fellowship. Each worker undergoes an extensive screening and approval
process which includes a comprehensive application, interview, and
background check performed by the Onondaga Sheriff Department. In
addition, caregivers receive training in Child and Infant CPR, Adult
CPR, AED, and First Aid through the American Red Cross.
Policies and Procedures
- The nursery is always open for use during any part of the service.
- For the safety of your child between 0 - kindergarten, we ask
that you get an ID badge. Parent and child will be issued matching
ID badges. Only the parent who signed the child into the nursery
will be able to sign him/her out. There will be a staff member/greeter
available to assist you before the service begins. This can also
be taken care of during the greeting time of the service in the
- We would like to get to know your family better, so we ask
that you pick up your child soon after service. This will also
ensure the safety of your child.
- No sick children will be accepted. If your child has had a
serious illness within the last 24 hours, whether or not he/she
was on antibiotics or other medications, please keep him/her home.
- Unacceptable classroom behavior will be corrected. If it continues
weekly, you will be contacted. Every effort will be made to help
assist you and your child in any way we can.
- To allow immunity build-up, please do not leave a newborn baby
in the nursery until he/she is at least six weeks old.